Shirts: (boys and girls):
Type: Polo shirt with fold-down collar, buttoned to avoid exposure; dress shirt with fold-down collar; turtleneck or mock turtleneck.
Sleeve: Shirts may be long or short sleeve (no sleeveless or sheer).
Sleeves cannot extend below the wrist.
Midriff: Front, back or side may not be exposed at any time.
All sweatshirts and sweaters/vests (v-neck, crew neck or cardigan) must be worn with dress code shirts (fold-down collar) or turtlenecks underneath. Attached hoods are acceptable, but must be removed from the head upon entering the building.
Pants/Overalls (boys and girls):
Colors: Any solid color
Types: Twill, chino, corduroy, denim or jean with plain or pleated front. Elastic waist slacks may be worn. No sweat/nylon jogging pants are allowed. Pants are to be worn at the waist (no sagging or excessively tight pants). Overalls must be worn with shirts that have sleeves.
Types: Twill, chino, corduroy, denim or jean (no spandex/lycra or stretch material). Must meet or extend to the knee. Slits may not be shorter than the knee. Shorts may be worn under the dress, skirt or jumper, but may not extend below the hem. Dresses must have sleeves and backs. Jumpers must be worn with shirts that have sleeves.
Walking Shorts (boys and girls):
Types: Shorts must extend to the knee area.
Hats must be removed upon entering the building.
All sandals or shoes must have a back.
No rolling backpacks are permitted.
- Any apparel or appearance (including but not limited to hair color, jewelry, make-up, hair style, etc.) that calls attention to itself will be responded to as deemed necessary. The administration has the final authority in determining appropriate school attire and appearance.
- Students may not carry or wear anything that advertises drugs, alcohol, tobacco products or anything that promotes or suggests lewd, dangerous or unacceptable messages.
- Clothing must not have holes or tears and must have finished hems. Pants and skirts must not drag the ground.
- Only one out-of-dress-code day per month is permitted (or if scheduled cumulatively, cannot exceed ten per year). However, individual reward certificates can be issued for motivation. Out-of-code days will be determined by the school administration. Student payment to participate will not be permitted.
- While students are expected to dress appropriately at afterschool functions, they are not required to follow the dress code.